About the Firm
Myers & Associates is a boutique Patent Law firm established in 2013. We provide legal services relating only to patent law.
Clients have come to rely on Myers & Associates for protecting their inventions and new products for several basic reasons:
- Established — Founding attorney Michael A. Myers has been admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) since 1994 and focuses exclusively on patent drafting and related client counseling. He has spent over 25 years securing patents covering mechanical, electromechanical and computer related products for the energy, automotive, marine, medical and manufacturing industries.
- Strategic — If you’re applying for a patent, clearing a new product or managing your patent portfolio, we will take a strategic approach to each task so that you will understand the potential short- and long-term consequences of each action. Filing a patent application, for example, can be done for defensive and/or offensive reasons. We render experienced counsel with respect to each rationale.
- Thorough — We recognize the unique nature of each patent application we prepare and make sure that our patent drafting covers the technological field of invention and/or market. This includes ensuring your application complies with applicable statutory requirements and relevant patent deadlines.
We offer a free consultation so that you can gain an informed perspective on your invention and how best to protect it as well as a cost estimate of attorney's fees and expenses before formally engaging our services.
Areas of Practice
A Boutique Patent Law Firm
Our firm represents inventors, designers, technology firms, and other individual and business clients in legal matters pertaining to:
- Patents — Attorney Michael A. Myers prepares, prosecutes and registers U.S. and international patent applications for companies and individuals. If you are looking to obtain a patent, our firm provides all the requisite preliminary search services to make sure your invention is novel and non-obvious and can be patented.
- Patent Maintenance — We maintain and manage U.S. and international patents. If you have an existing patent portfolio, our firm provides all the management services to make sure your ownership documents are recorded and fees timely paid to keep patents valid and enforceable.
- Patent Post-grant Challenges — Attorney Myers handles challenges to issued patents, such as inter partes review (IPR) and reexamination conducted before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Provisional Patent Applications — We prepare provisional patent applications to reserve the critical priority date for your invention so that product prototype development or market analysis activities can be performed before exhausting limited resources.
- Patentability Studies — Preliminary patentability opinions and new product clearances or freedom to operate opinions are services Myers & Associates provides.
- Patent Validity Studies — Attorney Michael A. Myers often performs patent validity studies and due diligence analyses in the context of the sale of your patent(s) or company merger or acquisition.
Our firm delivers cost-effective representation and personalized attention from start to finish.
Contact a patent lawyer for a free consultation
Myers & Associates represents clients in the U.S. and abroad and has a practice limited to Patent Law.
Please call 727-626-2350.